Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Not Bob    12

"Many veterans who served in the Vietnam War still have war-zone-related post-traumatic stress disorder, according to a new study published in JAMA Psychiatry".

Every vet I have ever met I swear suffer/suffered from PTSD.

Timerover51    26
On 7/17/2017 at 11:03 AM, Not Bob said:

"Many veterans who served in the Vietnam War still have war-zone-related post-traumatic stress disorder, according to a new study published in JAMA Psychiatry".

Every vet I have ever met I swear suffer/suffered from PTSD.

I served with a lot of Vietnam vets while in Alaska in 1975 through 1978, none of which had problems.  Against that, they would also talk about what went on with other vets, which I believed helped a lot.  What did not help was being spat on if you had to wear your uniform while traveling on orders.  I can remember that.  It was not a pleasant experience.

SCOUTGUNNER    2

A lot of us do not show signs of PTSD even though we still have the nightmares and daymares.  We just deal with it and don't talk about the war.  Myself, I have done some interviews for news or history, and I do talk to my brothers in MOPH and VFW, but mostly to help them. 

• Like 1

It didn't matter what your MOS or job was; if you were in-country, you suffer from some form of PTSD, it just may not show. When I came home from my first tour in 1966 nobody wanted to talk to me about Vietnam. I finally decided to go back. Now, I still have it on my mind. I can only sleep a couple of hours a night and am always getting up to "check the perimeter", and when I do close my eyes, I am right back in-country. People deal with it in different ways. I have learned to live with it.