Wednesday, July 12, 2017
Joris

Introductions

Hey there!

My name is Joris and I'm one of the admins here on our new forum. 

I'm 39 years old and I have a vintage World War II Dodge WC 52 and have a massive interest in World War II. Having lived on the battlefields of Operation Market Garden most of my life that battle if is of prime interest to me.

Enjoy the forum!

• Like 2

Hi,

My name is Glenn and I served for 22yrs in the Royal Marines. After retiring in 1994, I joined the police and currently serve on a firearms unit. I have loved all military topics since I was a young lad.

• Like 1

Hello all...

I'm happy to be a part of War History Online. As the author of two books related to WWII ("American St. Nick-A True Story" www.americanstnick.com & "MERG" www.Merg-TheBook.com) this is the place to be. It's also worth noting that my first book, American St. Nick-A True Story was made into an Emmy-winning documentary film by the WWII Foundation. It airs nationally on PBS stations in the US throughout the Christmas holiday season. You can also download it from the WWII Foundation website. A link to their website is on the American St. Nick website listed above. Both my books tell TRUE stories and although this may sound like self promotion, I'm only letting you know that even through that war is long over, there are still stories and personal accounts waiting to be told by those still with us. One of the best ways to connect that "greatest generation" to this one is through the telling of those stories. I hope you agree.

ASN 3D cover.png

MERG 3D cover.png

• Like 1

Newbie introduction :)

Names Neil and I am in Outer East London.  Been interested in military history for decades and also into MV ownership and living history (Cold War Soviet).

Any questions - feel free to ask :)

• Like 1

Hi there!

it's a Pleasure to be on this forum,

I have been a military fan all my life and have a huge interest in major conflicts whether its past or present.

I am from Great Britain born to Pakistani parents who have came from a military family, My grandfather served in Indo-Pak war of 1947, World War 2, Indo-Pak war of 1965, Indo-Pak war of 1971 and the Indo-Pak war of 1999, sadly he passed away in 2002, He has made us proud.

I hope to have interesting discussions on the forum and to meet new people!

Thank you.

• Like 2

Welcome to the forum Saheen! 

Your grandfather must have had some amazing stories to tell, or did he not talk about it at all?

8 minutes ago, Able502 said:

Welcome to the forum Saheen! 

Your grandfather must have had some amazing stories to tell, or did he not talk about it at all?

Thank you admin,

Sadly my grandfather did pass away when I was at a young age, but He did tell my father who then passed the stories onto me!

Hi all - Bob Smithfield here and my grandpa served in WW2 in the 291st Engineer Combat Battalion. He never really spoke of the bad days but said that he loved the construction element of the job but really LOVED the demolition side  :D

Have been following War History Online for years and it is my daily history hit 9_9

Bob.

Hi, I'm Paul from Australia, I have always had an interest in the history of war, particularly the mechanised equipment used, I am a moderator over on the "Binder Planet" forum, which is the largest International Harvester forum, we have a lot of ex military personnel as members and a dedicated forum for military IH products such as the trucks and M1 Grand rifles, I grew up hearing stories from my Grandmother about her family life in Nazi Germany, before and during WW2 and how they avoided the gas chambers etc, much to my father's disapproval as he wanted it hidden. I have always had an eye and memory for mechanical history, I currently repair road trains in the north west of the country and look forward to this board taking off, especially as I could not comment on the facebook posts.  

• Like 1

Hi, I'm Paul from Australia, I have always had an interest in the history of war, particularly the mechanised equipment used, I am a moderator over on the "Binder Planet" forum, which is the largest International Harvester forum, we have a lot of ex military personnel as members and a dedicated forum for military IH products such as the trucks and M1 Grand rifles, I grew up hearing stories from my Grandmother about her family life in Nazi Germany, before and during WW2 and how they avoided the gas chambers etc, much to my father's disapproval as he wanted it hidden. I have always had an eye and memory for mechanical history, I currently repair road trains in the north west of the country and look forward to this board taking off, especially as I could not comment on the facebook posts.  

I have some stuff at home but nothing really special. No gold train unfortunately!

7 hours ago, The_MadMan said:

Hello Saheen, your grandfather sure had a busy life in the army.

Hello MadMan, he didn't live an ordinary life that's for sure! My father tells me he enjoyed his participation *lol*

• Like 1