Wednesday, July 12, 2017
Joris

Introductions

Wow, what can I say? What a stunning story, I'm amazed.

Welcome to the forum, I'm sure you will like this place

• Like 1

I have many stories my dad told me which I would like to post...where would I post them? Also, the story of my uncles crewmate who survived the loss of their bomber is also very interesting. where is the best place to put this sort of thing and would the group be interested in it? My father told me a lot of interesting information about his wartime experiences before he died. He only died 10 years ago. 

T

• Like 1

17 hours ago, T.A.T said:

I have many stories my dad told me which I would like to post...where would I post them? Also, the story of my uncles crewmate who survived the loss of their bomber is also very interesting. where is the best place to put this sort of thing and would the group be interested in it? My father told me a lot of interesting information about his wartime experiences before he died. He only died 10 years ago. 

T

I can't speak for everybody but I would love it and I think the others here will like it too. 

I would suggest you post them in the My Family board, that would keep them nice and visible.

My pleasure, Dave! I'm sure you will find this a nice home for you spare time ;)

Hello for everyone. I am from Bulgaria. I am retired Production Director of Steelmaking plant. Also I am reserve officer of Bulgarian army. Thank you fir accepting me.

On 11/11/2017 at 1:58 PM, Dimitar Minchev said:

Hello for everyone. I am from Bulgaria. I am retired Production Director of Steelmaking plant. Also I am reserve officer of Bulgarian army. Thank you fir accepting me.

Welcome to the forum, Dimitar! 

Hi T.a.t. nice to meet you!

You sure have a way with words, your intro is something special! Hats off to your relatives! 

I am the son of a WW2 veteran who fought in North Africa and Italy. Have a fascination for all things WW2 and history in general. Enjoy receiving this daily.

• Like 1

Always I sought a community like this, at last I’ve found it. It gives me great pleasure to be among these who are interested in war history. I’m from Egypt where you can hardly find someone likes history! That makes me feel alienation.

I like war history too much and my masterpiece is WWII. I have read a lot war history and adore all documentary movies about it. I translated some articles about WWII from English into Arabic to be available for others here.

Welcome to the forum, Khaled! You can add a whole new perspective to the forum, looking at it from a theater of war that is usually forgotten. I'd love to hear your views and I'm confident you will enjoy yourself here! 

• Thanks 1

Hello everybody!

Allow me to introduce myself, I'm the Battlefield Explorer and I create youtube video's about the places I visit. If you will let me, I'll bore you to death with my adventures, pictures and sneak previews of what I'm up to. With such a passionate War History crowd I'm sure I'll fit in perfectly!

Now a shameless plug for the first video, a visit to the Zonnebeke dugout near Ypres. It seems I had just one opportunity this life to visit it, they closed it and it will not reopen, I've created this video about it:

If you like my video, please subscribe so you won't miss any:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCphbw9ay4IESp8eDUi1NHkA

Thanks for reading and have a great day!

Yes welcome 

Looking forward to see Your opion on ww2 . It's nice to discover the views of other people that not live in the western world so that we can form a complete picture of it

Johan

• Thanks 1

On 11/24/2017 at 7:44 PM, Johan said:

Yes welcome 

Looking forward to see Your opion on ww2 . It's nice to discover the views of other people that not live in the western world so that we can form a complete picture of it

Johan

According to WWII, I’m really fond of it due to so many reasons as:

1-     It is the largest war has ever been.

2-     It affected on all over the world.

3-     It defined the positions of many countries up till now.

4-     Many inventions, discoveries and developments happened from 1939 to 1945.

5-     The military machine attained very high level of technology, accuracy and the ability of destruction.

6-     WWII is full of heroic stories, immortal chronicles, great tactical plans, new war strategies and very considerable war generals.

2 hours ago, Khaled Mostafa said:

According to WWII, I’m really fond of it due to so many reasons as:

1-     It is the largest war has ever been.

2-     It affected on all over the world.

3-     It defined the positions of many countries up till now.

4-     Many inventions, discoveries and developments happened from 1939 to 1945.

5-     The military machine attained very high level of technology, accuracy and the ability of destruction.

6-     WWII is full of heroic stories, immortal chronicles, great tactical plans, new war strategies and very considerable war generals.

7 you can visit many places with ww2 history

8 you can see planes tanks boats still working

9 many film footage

10 still new discovery's involving ww2

• Like 1

Hi out there, some of you might recognise my username from AHF and Feldgrau over the years :) I took a year or more off forums to do real life, now just need to learn to stop staying up all night to bait neo-Nazis and fanboys LOL

phylo

• Like 1

Hi and welcome, Dave! 

28 years, that is a long time, I'm impressed!

Hello Charles and welcome to the forum!

Did you father ever talk about his experiences? 

Thanks Joris - he did but unfortunately I was a young man when he passed away so missed much interesting stuff...

I suppose it's time I introduced myself.

I  have had a life-long interest in History generally, (degree in Modern History) and Military History in particularly.

Militarily, I have now retired, having spent over twenty years in the Australian Army Reserve (including periods of full time duty), with the Royal Australian Infantry and the Australian Intelligence Corps.

The first eighteen years of life was spent in the UK before emigrating to Australia with my parents.

I now spend every other Sunday afternoon as a Volunteer Guide at the Shrine of Remembrance, Melbourne. If you're ever in town come in and say hello.