Wednesday, July 12, 2017
  • Welcome to the forum!

Welcome to the War History Online Community Forum, please register or login to start commenting.

Joris

Introductions

Hi everybody, 

Some details about Christopher Nolan's film. In the battle of Dunkirk the English troops were able to escape from the net by the sacrifice of the French troops. The German losses were heavy in order to penetrate Dunkirk. The story is rewritten it remains a testimony first. ?????☮?

I'm French alive and well in Paris. 

• Like 1

Hi all, im new to the forum. Been about reading and did a blog for War History Online and thought it was time to register, for the forum.

I'm retired and my interest in all military, ww1-2 is as strong as ever, up to the present. I demolish books, youtube and any input I come by. So its time to add the forum to my list. Im looking forward to the experience, see you there... Sterion70,

Brad.

Edited by Sterion70
Forgot to sign post.
  • Like 2

Newbie checking in.  I grew up in a Navy family and have been interested in military history for as far back as I can remember.  My primary areas of interest are WW2, Korea and Viet Nam.  I hope to make a positive contribution to this forum.

Hello Steve and welcome to the forum! It is great to have another author on board.

Where was the B-17 Susan Ruth shot down?

Hello, I am a history buff who grew up absorbing brass bands & bagpipe music thanks to my fathers records. My Dad was Royal Engineers from 1935-48 or so, serving in Norway, Iraq, the middle East, Sicily & Anzio & my Grandad was Lancashire Fusiliers from 1905-1919 serving in India & the western front.

So with all that no surprise that I have an interest in the military. My own interest is the Victorian British military & I collect British Victorian military rifles (& shoot them).

• Like 3

Hello Peter, good to have you on the Forum!

I fully understand you becoming interested in WWII when you father served at all those campaigns, I'm very impressed! (not to mention your grandfather)

I spent 14 years in military 4 in the United States Marine Corps. as 0351 Anti-tank assault man Dragons and SMAW gunner. I am a Desert Storm veteran first in and last out. Spent 10 years in Texas National Guard as a 19 Delta Scout Sniper for 4 years also 12 Bravo Combat Engineer. I'm interested In all military history but mainly WW1, WW2, Civil War, 

• Like 2

This is Jim Rockford, at the tone leave your name and message, I'll get back to you. For yu young people, that sentence is from a 1970s television show called The Rockford Files.  And I just revealed the ball park my age is in.  Actually I'm Jerome but you can still leave me a message on here. I've been a military history buff since I could read, which has been awhile now.  I used to be a civil War reenactor, even though I'm from Canada.  Always been interested in that war, WWII, War of 1812, WWI, Vietnam...basically any war holds an interest for me. I've had some magazine articles published on...yep, that's right!...military history (mostly Canadian topics, but not entirely). I also had a blog on here a few months back on the wild deserters of WW1. Looking forward to talking with you on here! About whatever interesting topic. In military history, the supply is inexhaustible. Always a pleasure conversing with someone who shares the same interests. Good day and may the good news be yours (that's from another 70s television series). 

Edited by JimRockford
  • Like 2

Hi Jason, welcome to the forum!

Great to meet a Desert storm veteran, hope you can tell us more about that!

Hello there,

From a family with a long military history; retired university lecturer who now writes adventure fiction. Indulge in lots of research into WW2, the period in which one of my series of books is set. (Don't go looking yet, still with publishers).

Thanks.

• Like 2

Greetings from NW Indiana! I'm a former US Chief Ranger and chief of operations at the USS Arizona Memorial in Pearl Harbor. I have a BA degree in history from Valparaiso University having also studied history at Cambridge University with an emphasis on British history. I'm a US Air Force vet from the Vietnam/Cold War era who also served in the Indiana and Hawaii Air National Guard and with the Indiana Army Guard and US Army Reserve in air operations. My  grandfather was a US Army railroad engineer who drove troop and supply trains to the front lines during WWI bringing back the wounded and dead to the rear. I have a strong interest in the period.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello everyone!  Wow, a brand new forum with a great variety of subjects.  This should be fun as well as enlightening.  My background is primarily aviation having been involved with aircraft maintenance for the better part of 38 years in one form or another.  Navair and Northwest Airlines mostly.

My favorite subjects include WWI and WW2 Aviation and here lately the American Revolution and but from the British point of view as well as its place in the overall global picture.  I have also started reading the "Kydd" series by Julian Stockwin.  Outstanding reading for anyone interested in life aboard the tall ships.

Other than that I'm just a curious sort who loves to read about anything historical.  (This may or may not have some bearing on why my daughter wants to be an Archaeologist.  Ha-Ha!!)

Anyway glad to be here with like minded folks.

• Like 1

Hello Black Prince!  I visited your turf back in 1981 when I was aboard the U.S.S. Eisenhower.  We made a port visit to Portsmouth for a few days in September.  And what was the first thing a good friend and I did in port?  Why toured the H.M.S.Victory of course.  Very impressive to say the least.  I only wish I knew as much about Portsmouth then as I do now.  So much more to see and experience.

• Like 2

Welcome to the forum, Garrick!

Another author, maybe you can tell us more about your book?

8 hours ago, Bernie said:

Greetings from NW Indiana! I'm a former US Chief Ranger and chief of operations at the USS Arizona Memorial in Pearl Harbor. I have a BA degree in history from Valparaiso University having also studied history at Cambridge University with an emphasis on British history. I'm a US Air Force vet from the Vietnam/Cold War era who also served in the Indiana and Hawaii Air National Guard and with the Indiana Army Guard and US Army Reserve in air operations. My  grandfather was a US Army railroad engineer who drove troop and supply trains to the front lines during WWI bringing back the wounded and dead to the rear. I have a strong interest in the period.

Hello Bernie and welcome to the forum!

What a very special job it must have been, to work at the USS Arizona. A friend of mine who is the chairman of the WWII Foundation recently filmed the ceremony in which the ash of Ray Haerry, Sr., a USS Arizona survivor was returned to the ship. That had me in tears and I wasn't even there. 

A place I really want to visit one day.