Wednesday, July 12, 2017
The_MadMan

Call of Duty - WWII (Trailer)

I'm sure you are all just as exciting as I am for this upcoming release! Only 4more months till November :) 

• Like 1

That looks so good, I can't wait to play that.

Currently playing Call of Duty - Infinite Warfare, a nice game with a very interesting storyline and graphics that are so good it's almost like watching a movie (well not quite but getting there).

I'm more of a WWII buff, prefer games set in that era. Ever heard of the classic "Sudden Strike"? That game nearly caused me to flunk a year at school, so addictive, so cool. 

This game and the movie Dunkirk are going to be the best things of this year!

Checkout these graphics, it will certainly be something special

3248387-callofduty_wwii_screen4.thumb.jpg.3e93438f751a1fb588291c11f2d0be54.jpg

218495_screenshot_07_l.jpg

• Like 2

This is the multiplayer trailer, with in-game footage.

Prepare to be blown away by the graphics (pun intended).

New trailer!

Call of Duty®: WWII tells the story of Private Ronald “Red” Daniels, a young recruit in the U.S. First Infantry Division who experiences combat for the first time on D-Day, one of the largest amphibious assaults in history. After surviving the beaches of Normandy, Red and his squad will fight their way

• Like 1

Official Call of Duty®: WWII – ‘Brotherhood of Heroes’ Documentary

Call of Duty®: WWII will take players to the front lines of war-torn Western Europe during one of history’s greatest conflicts, where the stakes were high and the only thing standing in the way of Nazi oppression was a generation of ordinary men and women willing to make extraordinary

Sorry to be a nit-picker but this caught my eye and it's not a WWII jeep!

The rest of the game looks excellent though, can't wait to see it!

2017-09-27_14-14-27.thumb.png.dab78d7ce00ff9c5f7d2d4db2e5c6432.png

Edited by Pieter

Pity its only for PC, XBox one and PS4.  Games are restricted here to a console (Oracle is a resource hog) and ours is the CBox 360.  Would love to up-grade but the effects of 10 years unemployment rule that out.

Call of Duty came on the heels of Medal of Honor with classic WWII gameplay and now returns to its' roots. Very glad to see that. I am guessing that Battlefield going all the way back to WWI with resounding success might have influenced Activision in this. 

Madman, I see you were a huge Sudden Strike fan. Any thoughts on Men of War Assault Squad 2 and the upcoming Gates of Hell? I enjoy the strategic genre a great deal myself but rarely discuss it in a setting such as these forums.

On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 4:11 PM, rockpilez said:

Madman, I see you were a huge Sudden Strike fan. Any thoughts on Men of War Assault Squad 2 and the upcoming Gates of Hell? I enjoy the strategic genre a great deal myself but rarely discuss it in a setting such as these forums.

To be honest, I was so disappointed in SS3 that I gave up on the series. I will take a look now and post another thread so we can keep an eye on it! 

On 9/29/2017 at 5:33 PM, Captain Johnny Sadiq said:

Previously the best WW2 aviation games were European Air War and Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator. Why can't they make these games compatible with Windows 7?

i used to love Aviation games but lately either my flight controller is too awkward to use or the game does not support enough of the features of said controller. I can't justify the expense of state of the art pedals and controllers nor care to do so. Regarding Win 7, it seems that Microsoft keeps upping the bar and not support much of the legacy software from XP and even Win 7 as I have found on Win 10Pro. Some of that admittedly might be due to hardware drivers. Frustrating.

Recent reviews of CoD WWII have been rather disappointing (the reviews, not the reviewers ^_^ ) though this is largely related to multiplayer. The bias might be from people who play team-oriented games like Battlefield 1 and do not like the kill-death ratio scoring aspects plus the mechanics. But I am sure that Activision will make good sales on this title regardless.

7 hours ago, rockpilez said:

Recent reviews of CoD WWII have been rather disappointing (the reviews, not the reviewers ^_^ ) though this is largely related to multiplayer. The bias might be from people who play team-oriented games like Battlefield 1 and do not like the kill-death ratio scoring aspects plus the mechanics. But I am sure that Activision will make good sales on this title regardless.

I'll probably prefer the singleplayer missions anyway so I'm not too bothered with multiplayer (yet). 

On 10/5/2017 at 3:28 AM, The_MadMan said:

I'll probably prefer the singleplayer missions anyway so I'm not too bothered with multiplayer (yet). 

i am in agreement on that. the online communities can be toxic ( Heroes & Generals is a good example) unless you join in with a group who will not allow this kind of chatter. in fact the last few FPS games, i have enjoyed singleplayer pretty much having not attempted multiplayer. 

• Like 1

Sadly the excellent older air war games that played on earlier Windows do not work any more on Windows 7 and upwards. European Air War and Combat Flight Simulator 1 were the best and, if played with maximum realism, required a high level of skill. Someone should adapt them so that we can enjoy the thrill of diving on to enemy bomber formations while keeping an eye out for fighters!

• Like 1