Wednesday, July 12, 2017
The_MadMan

Call of Duty - WWII (Trailer)

On 10/13/2017 at 6:09 AM, Captain Johnny Sadiq said:

Sadly the excellent older air war games that played on earlier Windows do not work any more on Windows 7 and upwards. European Air War and Combat Flight Simulator 1 were the best and, if played with maximum realism, required a high level of skill. Someone should adapt them so that we can enjoy the thrill of diving on to enemy bomber formations while keeping an eye out for fighters!

I go back to Chuck Yeager's Air Combat and remember many sessions flying about with great enjoyment. But very unlikely to find a windows version of this as I was using it in MS-DOS (I think 8-bit?).                                       Today's technical sims with extremely high detail and the complicated joysticks with the setup involved just leaves me frustrated.                                                                                                                                                          Sorry about that rant, but i wish for simpler days.

I have Combat Wings:Battle of Britain and IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover and just cannot seem to get off the ground figuratively ¬¬. Maybe some gentle coaching might get me to embrace them more in the future.

Having seen sims for the A-10 Warthog by DCS and Arma, you almost need a week off and the capacity to remember all the procedures to even fire the thing up let alone know where everything is in the cockpit and how to employ it and so on. I guess in those cases I would rather enjoy a Youtube vid of someone else enjoying it themselves lol. 

On another note, I did get a newsletter about how to install Win95 as a virtual machine on a current system which might take many of us to the glory days! xD

Edited by rockpilez
clarification