Wednesday, July 12, 2017
Joris

Illegal Nazi and historical artifacts seized in Argentina (Video)

Argentine Federal Police (PFA) officers confiscated numerous historical artifacts belonging to Nazi Germany and objects of Asian and Egyptian origin in Buenos Aires, Friday, as they conducted a recovery operation dubbed "Near East", footage released last month showed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

because the person was a collector?  Look at the last few minutes - all that stuff did not seem to contain Nazi material. More interesting is how they acquired it all.  

Edited by hsteeves
Add.

Is it illegal to have Nazi memorabilia in Argentina?

Granted this stuff is illegal in Germany and a couple of other European countries but Argentina?

I thought Argentina had close ties with many Nazis who fled there after the war?

The Police must have raided this property for a different reason and found all this Nazi stuff, I stand to be corrected due to not knowing the full circumstances of the video/raid.

Thanks for sharing this video. Very interesting.

• Like 2

On 14/09/2017 at 12:16 PM, Edward, The Black Prince said:

I imagine a lot of this stuff was brought across by the numerous Nazis that fled to Argentina post war.

Amazing find really.

My thoughts exactly

• Like 1

Im from Argentina. I can give some real info of what happened. The Interpol heard or had some information that a collector had items which were acquired illegally. The information said that is was on the northern part of Buenos Aires (Capital City). Interpol uses many Argentinian and the Argentinian Police Force. These artifacts were in red alert by the UNESCO. And with an order they got into the house, and found that a secret passage through a library like you see in the video and they made it to the room. In the video it doesn't show, but there's a lupe with a negative photo of Hitler holding it himself. The photo wasn't shared due to the investigation, but it means there was an item held by hitler.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/28/2017 at 8:40 AM, PrinsesIrene said:

Wow, so much Nazi-stuff, why would anybody want all that stuff is beyond me. 

Very common for Fascists and Nazis to save relics, in this case an exclusive gallery. The Argentine government knew it was coming in by the ship load. Read up on the Schaumburg-Lippe family and their estancia there.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lautaro Emiliano Tejedor Godoy said:

Im from Argentina. I can give some real info of what happened. The Interpol heard or had some information that a collector had items which were acquired illegally. The information said that is was on the northern part of Buenos Aires (Capital City). Interpol uses many Argentinian and the Argentinian Police Force. These artifacts were in red alert by the UNESCO. And with an order they got into the house, and found that a secret passage through a library like you see in the video and they made it to the room. In the video it doesn't show, but there's a lupe with a negative photo of Hitler holding it himself. The photo wasn't shared due to the investigation, but it means there was an item held by hitler.

Do you know of Abel Basti there?

On 9/15/2017 at 12:26 PM, Sterion70 said:

My thoughts exactly

They were bringing it over during the war. Read up on the Schaumburg-Lippe Estancia in Argentina. Also look into Juan Peron's life.

On 9/2/2017 at 4:16 PM, Geoff said:

Is it illegal to have Nazi memorabilia in Argentina?

Granted this stuff is illegal in Germany and a couple of other European countries but Argentina?

I thought Argentina had close ties with many Nazis who fled there after the war?

The Police must have raided this property for a different reason and found all this Nazi stuff, I stand to be corrected due to not knowing the full circumstances of the video/raid.

Thanks for sharing this video. Very interesting.

No, however, it is against the law today in Germany but not Argentina. Argentina has a large population of old Fascist and Nazi families. Particularly Italian and German.

On 9/1/2017 at 10:25 AM, hsteeves said:

because the person was a collector?  Look at the last few minutes - all that stuff did not seem to contain Nazi material. More interesting is how they acquired it all.  

Definitely collector and admirer. A good amount of Nazi ideology still lives in Argentina.

On 9/15/2017 at 8:29 AM, Bruno Signorelli said:

In Argentina many nazist fleed after the end of WWII, this material was taked by them or their heirs

They were there during the war too. Read up on the Schaumbburg-Lippe family.

Yeah, not a glorious page in their history books. They must have paid serious cash to the government, why else would they hide such people?

On 9/14/2017 at 7:16 PM, Edward, The Black Prince said:

I imagine a lot of this stuff was brought across by the numerous Nazis that fled to Argentina post war.

Amazing find really.

I agree.