Wednesday, July 12, 2017
  • Welcome to the forum!

Welcome to the War History Online Community Forum, please register or login to start commenting.

I feel we have no need to to discuss Jane Fonda.  She had every right to speak her mind during the Vietnam War, but in going to the North and still speaking against the U.S., to me, sits right in the definition of treason.  Her  "apology" of 40 years too late and her statement "my 2 minutes lapse of insanity..." was far longer than that - she had years to come to her senses!  I never saw another one of her movies since those days.

I got over her years ago.

I gave up living in hate over things I can't control. Life is much more pleasant that way.

(Vietnam, 1969-1970)

"and still speaking against the U.S., to me, sits right in the definition of treason." 

What is treason, and what is not, is almost impossible to define. Remember EZRA POUND?

Ezra_Pound_2.jpg

Treason is the only crime specifically mentioned in the US Constitution.

Article III, Section 3. Treason against the United States, shall consist only of levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.

On her "tour" of North Vietnam, she obviously was adhering to our enemies, giving them aid and comfort. As for the testimony of witnesses, we have photographic proof of her sitting on an active anti aircraft weapon that was used to shoot at our pilots.

She is guilty of treason, as defined by the Constitution.

I have no idea why she didn't go t jail.  And to be honest, it eats at me every time I see her make a fortune on a new movie or TV appearance!