Wednesday, July 12, 2017

I understand how people could feel upset about these bricks coming from Germany, who more than a lifetime ago wreaked such carnage on the British Isles. However, this was a lifetime ago and perhaps we could see this a some kind of contrition on behalf of the German people, especially if they were to donate these bricks for the memorial.  Isn't it time we got over what happened seventy years ago? My father was in the Royal Navy and sunk by a German submarine, he held no bad feelings towards the German people, my German father in law was at Stalingrad and his only ill feeling was towards his country's leaders who started it all. So come on forgive if not forget, it's only a pile of bricks after all

On 9-4-2018 at 1:33 PM, Kris Gray said:

I understand how people could feel upset about these bricks coming from Germany, who more than a lifetime ago wreaked such carnage on the British Isles. However, this was a lifetime ago and perhaps we could see this a some kind of contrition on behalf of the German people, especially if they were to donate these bricks for the memorial.  Isn't it time we got over what happened seventy years ago? My father was in the Royal Navy and sunk by a German submarine, he held no bad feelings towards the German people, my German father in law was at Stalingrad and his only ill feeling was towards his country's leaders who started it all. So come on forgive if not forget, it's only a pile of bricks after all

I think that the Wir haben es nicht gewußt excuse ( we didn't know)

did play an role.

It's raining ashes and you could smell the camps miles away (5000+)  but the germans didn' t know hard to believe and hard to forgave lying people.