Wednesday, July 12, 2017
  • Welcome to the forum!

Welcome to the War History Online Community Forum, please register or login to start commenting.

Jeff Pywell

Help required on identification

Question

I am hoping that a member may be able to help with the identification of the picture. I found it whilst clearing out my grandmothers loft sometime ago, there is nothing useful written on the back to help, but was with a German belt buckle stamped G. H. Osang Dresden 1914. The front has a crown with the inscription Providentiae Memor around it. Any information may help me in my quest. Thank you.

IMG_20180509_102303.jpg

IMG_20180509_102355.jpg

1 answer to this question

On 5/9/2018 at 10:48 AM, Jeff Pywell said:

I am hoping that a member may be able to help with the identification of the picture. I found it whilst clearing out my grandmothers loft sometime ago, there is nothing useful written on the back to help, but was with a German belt buckle stamped G. H. Osang Dresden 1914. The front has a crown with the inscription Providentiae Memor around it. Any information may help me in my quest. Thank you.

IMG_20180509_102303.jpg

IMG_20180509_102355.jpg

" Providentiae Memor" is the motto of the Kingdom of Saxony, (the area which is around Dresden) if that helps....