Wednesday, July 12, 2017
  • Welcome to the forum!

Welcome to the War History Online Community Forum, please register or login to start commenting.

Lindsay Westphal

General Siegfried WESTPHAL

Question

Siegfried Westphal was my late father's uncle. His military history is easy to find.... What I am lacking is what happened after the war. It has been so many years since I discovered his history, my notes and sources are long lost. It is my understanding/memory that he was tried, gave evidence against the Nazis and was imprisoned in Russia and released sometime in the the late 1950's. Went on to be the manager/director of a large German steel company and passed away in the late 1980's.

Only through hearsay, it is understood he along with his immediate commander Rommel, was involved in the Hitler bomb plot. He was apparently arrested and interrogated and released due to lack of evidence. This is his history I am lacking in direct knowledge/sources.

Can anyone help me?

1 answer to this question

On 5/12/2018 at 4:34 PM, Lindsay Westphal said:

Siegfried Westphal was my late father's uncle. His military history is easy to find.... What I am lacking is what happened after the war. It has been so many years since I discovered his history, my notes and sources are long lost. It is my understanding/memory that he was tried, gave evidence against the Nazis and was imprisoned in Russia and released sometime in the the late 1950's. Went on to be the manager/director of a large German steel company and passed away in the late 1980's.

Only through hearsay, it is understood he along with his immediate commander Rommel, was involved in the Hitler bomb plot. He was apparently arrested and interrogated and released due to lack of evidence. This is his history I am lacking in direct knowledge/sources.

Can anyone help me?

I hope some of you can help me with this...