Wednesday, July 12, 2017
  • Welcome to the forum!

Welcome to the War History Online Community Forum, please register or login to start commenting.

Sign in to follow this  
Paladin

Band of Brothers Airborne Vet Who Did a 2nd Normandy Jump at 93 Years Old Receives Award

I must have looked at the photo of Eisenhower speaking to the 101st before their jump a thousand times.  I had no idea the placarded soldier was Strobel.  I thought he was relieved prior to D Day.  The article about Martin is great.  Is he the same Martin who ran the prisoner grab at the end of the War?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By The Battlefield Explorer
      A step by step walkthrough at the location where Easy Company fought the battle at the Crossroads, made famous in Band of Brothers Episode 6.
      We are going "boots on the ground" and walk through the entire battle, from the moment the first patrol spotted the Germans to the evacuation of the wounded late on October 5th, 1944.
      Please subscribe today!
      https://www.youtube.com/c/TheBattlefieldExplorer?sub_confirmation=1

• By Joris
      In December 2016 a Band of Brothers fundraising event for the World War II Foundation (http://www.wwiifoundation.org) was held. 14 Band of Brothers actors came to Bastogne to participate in the annual commorations and to sign autographs to hundred of fans who came to meet them.
      Here are some (behind the scenes) pictures that I took during the event.
      The actors with the hosts who welcomed us in their "Nuts Castle" which served as the 101st HQ after the siege was lifted.

Shane Taylor and Chris Langlois at the unveiling of a memorial for René Lamaire, a Belgian nurse who volunteered to help take care of the wounded and was killed in the Battle.
      Shane Taylor played Doc Roe in the series, Chris is the grandson of Doc Roe. 

The actors, including Dale Dye, read the text on the new monument.

• By Joris
      Last December, a group of Band of Brother actors gathered in Bastogne as a fund raiser for the World War II Foundation. We were the media partner for the event and joined them on their visit to the Bois Jaques overlooking Foy.
      Ross Owen filmed this visit: