Wednesday, July 12, 2017
  • Welcome to the forum!

Welcome to the War History Online Community Forum, please register or login to start commenting.

Stephen N Russell

U Boats Hiding along Amazon River

Question

Checked online  & seen  nothing about U Boats hiding along riverways in Brazil, Venezula, Ecuador from Allied patrols in So Atlantic.

Media model: Murphys War, 1971.( On DVD). Peter O Toole, best  role since Lawrence Arabia.

From novel, written.

Anyone who served in Merchent Marine or RN, USN hear of U Boats hiding in riverways after damage etc??

Or  Hollywood fiction.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Miriam Anne Gaddis
      My Dad was in WW2. I grew up in the 50's and remember him talking to Mom about the millions of Jews they found in underground ammo factories in the forests. He was reading about it again in the papers. When I got my first computer in the early 80's I was able to pull up those historical articles, but they've since been washed from the Internet. Would love to find out more about this subject, and have copies of those articles.
    • By Sapling
      Once again the need to point out that a commentary, if made in a historical context< should do so and add a bibliography.
      In the article/commentary/opinion piece "The United States Actually Planned on Dropping 12 Atomic Bombs on Japan" a series of historical facts have been interwoven with personal rhetoric thereby voiding an interesting subject of overall fact - fake news, as our American cousins have a want.

If something is an article/commentary/opinion piece this should be pointed out - not by passing an opinion off as fact. 
      Some people take what appears on this site as historical fact. Some is, some isn't, and some is pure fiction with no historical viability. 
      Opinions and commentary should be encouraged but with a factual datum point - not grandkids coming up and ask "Pop, we just read this but the books you have say different..." 
    • By Stephen N Russell
      Must see museumship:
      Every veteran who served is recognized & named over the PA with a Thank You for Your service.
      No audio wands on tour.
      Follow yellow arrows.
      Much work to be done.
      No food service.
      Can take pieces  of deck home for 5.00
      On tour Did NOT see CIC,Mn Engine spaces or Main battle turret for16 in guns.
      Much more to be done.
      Arriving on deck, the deck watch asks if any is military or former,U give him your details  & hear name announced  over PA.
      No food service ashore.
      Signage helps explain tour
      Love the  5 in turrets, compact size.
      Much labor  in a BB alone for all manned guns.
      16 in guns alone had huge workforce.
      See Iowa, San Pedro CA, near Cruise Terminal Center.
      Take 110 Frwy to San Pedro.

• By Stephen N Russell
      Anyone work, service, test fly, these planes:?
      B19, B32, B40, Rainbow 12, XP67, Skystreak, B54
    • By Rex
      Other than the markings stating it is a no4 mk II bayonet what do the other 2 little imprints mean?          

The B symbol in between the K and II?

the little curve with a kind of hook on the right end above the O? - marking or scratch?
      And lastly, overall value of the bayonet? I have a cover stamped, 1944 mk1 aswell.

thanks